Becoming a successful entrepreneur is no easy feat. Sacrifice, hard work and an unwavering determination for achieving greatness are required. So is surviving your mistakes — because they will happen.
At CreativeLive, I’ve always strived to learn from my own mistakes and to gain powerful insights from those who have successfully gone down the path before me. That’s why I reached out to six top entrepreneurs, writers and CEOs I’ve admired for years.
I asked each of them to share with me, in a selfie-style video clip, their single most impactful piece of advice for fellow entrepreneurs. Those interviewees included:
- Chase Jarvis, the prolific photographer and CEO at CreativeLive, who’s on a mission to revolutionize the way the world learns
- Jon Acuff, the best-selling author of five books designed to teach how to find and create meaningful work
- Sophia Amoruso, the founder of NastyGal and the best-selling author of #GIRLBOSS, who launched one of the fastest-growing retail brands in recent history
- Lewis Howes, the best-selling author, lifestyle entrepreneur and podcast host, who’s interviewed more than 200 influential entrepreneurs on how to achieve greatness
- Nir Eyal, the best-selling author, entrepreneur and speaker, who’s pioneering the psychology behind creating habit-forming products
- Guy Kawasaki, the entrepreneur, investor and former chief evangelist at Apple, who’s helped dozens of well-known startups launch with a bang
Here’s what each had to say: